Dr. Robert Sieger Straße 17, 8010 Graz
Manager: DI Florian Gobec BSc
Regional Court for civil law Graz
Member of Styrian Economic Chamber
responsible authority: municipal administration Graz
commercial code: http://www.ris.bka.gv.at/
Production of food products except regulated food products
Notice of liability:
Despite careful checking, we assume no liability for the content of external links
Consumers have the possibility to issue their complaints to the online dispute resolution website of the EU: http://ec.europa.eu/odr.
Additionally consumers can also send their complaints to the mail adress mentioned above.
Copyright © 2020 by Steinbec; all rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions
1. Scope of application
These terms and conditions of Steinbec (DI Florian Gobec, BSc) shall apply to all contracts concluded between Steinbec and a consumer or trader(further called client) relating to all goods and/or services presented in this online shop. The inclusion of the client’s own conditions is herewith objected to, unless other terms have been stipulated. These terms and conditions shall apply as a framework agreement for all further legal transactions between the contracting parties.
A consumer pursuant to these Terms and Conditions is any natural person concluding a legal transaction for a purpose attributed neither to a mainly commercial nor a self-employed occupational activity. A trader pursuant to these Terms and Conditions is any natural or legal person or partnership with legal capacity acting in the performance of a commercial or self-employed occupational activity when concluding a legal transaction.
2. Conclusion of the contract
The placing of an order constitutes an offer to conclude a contract (not a legally valid contract).
The actual legally valid sales contract shall only be concluded when Steinbec sends the ordered product(s) to the customer and the dispatch is confirmed by e-mail (confirmation of dispatch).
Only the respective prices stated on our homepage are valid. The prices quoted are subject to change. Typing errors or technical mistakes in pricing are possible. Steinbec reserves the right to reject orders that are based on a pricing error.
4. Payment conditions
Unless otherwise agreed, the purchase price is due immediately upon order. Payment can be made using one of the methods mentioned in the Seller’s online shop
If payment is not made on time, reminder fees will be charged in the actual and documented amount, but at least EUR 4.00 per reminder.
5. Delivery and default of acceptance
The delivery takes place from stock to the delivery address indicated by the customer. The costs arising from the transport are to be paid separately and in addition to the product price. Steinbec is entitled to make partial deliveries if individual products are not in stock. If such partial deliveries occur the customer shall be informed in advance by e-mail.
The risk of accidental loss and accidental damage to the sold goods shall in any case pass to the buyer upon delivery to the carrier
If the customer has not accepted the goods as agreed (default of acceptance), we shall be entitled to either store the goods on our premises, for which we shall charge a storage fee of 0.1% of the invoice amount per commenced calendar day, or to store the goods at the customer's expense and risk with an authorised tradesman. At the same time, we are entitled either to insist on the fulfilment of the contract or, after setting a reasonable period of grace, to withdraw from the contract and to use the goods otherwise.
6. Delivery deadline
Steinbec shall only be obligated to perform the service as soon as the customer has fulfilled all its obligations necessary for the performance, in particular all technical and contractual details, preparatory work and preparatory measures.
We are entitled to exceed the agreed dates and delivery periods by up to one week. Only after this period has expired may the customer withdraw from the contract, after setting a reasonable grace period. If the end of the period falls on a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday at the place of delivery, the period shall end on the next working day.
7. Contract withdrawal
In addition to the general statutory provisions, we are also entitled to withdraw from the contract in the event of default of acceptance or other important reasons, such as the opening of bankruptcy proceedings against the assets of a contractual partner or the rejection of a bankruptcy petition for lack of assets to cover costs. In the event of rescission, we have the option, if the customer is at fault, to demand a lump-sum compensation of 15% of the invoice amount or compensation for the actual damage incurred.
If the customer is in default of payment, we shall be released from all further service and delivery obligations and shall be entitled to retain outstanding deliveries or services and to demand advance payments or securities or - if necessary after setting a reasonable grace period - to withdraw from the contract.
If the customer - without being entitled to do so - withdraws from the contract or unjustifiably requests its cancellation, we have the choice to insist on the fulfilment of the contract or to agree to the cancellation of the contract; in the latter case, the customer is obliged to pay, at our discretion, a flat-rate compensation amounting to 15% of the invoice amount or the actual damage incurred.
8. Minor changes in performance
Minor or other changes to our service or delivery obligations which are reasonable for our customers shall be deemed to be approved in advance. This applies in particular to deviations caused by the product(e.g. in colours, taste, sediment, etc.).
9. Youth protection
The sale of alcohol to people under the age of 18 is prohibited by law. Our range of alcoholic beverages is therefore aimed exclusively at adults. With your order you assure us that the person ordering the goods is at least 18 years old.
10. Reservation of ownership
We reserve title to the goods until the purchase price has been paid in full.
11. Choice of law, place of jurisdiction
Austrian law applies. The applicability of the UN Sales Convention is expressly excluded. The contract language is English. The contracting parties agree on Austrian domestic jurisdiction. The court having jurisdiction over the subject-matter at our company's registered office shall have exclusive local jurisdiction to decide all disputes arising from this contract.
You have the right to revoke this contract within fourteen days without giving reasons.
The revocation period is fourteen days from the day on which you or a third party named by you, who is not the carrier, have taken possession of the goods.
To exercise your right of withdrawal, you must inform us by means of a clear statement (e.g. a letter or e-mail sent by post) of your decision to withdraw from this contract.
If you revoke this agreement, we shall reimburse you for all payments we have received from you, including delivery charges (exceptany additional charges arising from your choosing a different method of delivery from the cheapest standard delivery offered by us), immediately and no later than fourteen days from the date on which we receive notice of your revocation of this Agreement. For this refund, we will use the same means of payment that you used for the original transaction, unless expressly agreed otherwise with you; in no event will you be charged for this refund.
We may refuse a refund until we have received the goods back or until you have provided proof that you have returned the goods, whichever is earlier.
You must return or hand over the goods to us immediately and in any case within fourteen days at the latest from the day on which you inform us of the cancellation of this contract. This period shall be deemed to have been observed if you dispatch the goods before the expiry of the fourteen-day period.
You shall bear the direct costs of returning the goods.
The statutory warranty regulations apply.
The contents and works on this website created by the site operators are subject to copyright. Contributions of third parties are marked as such. The reproduction, editing, distribution and any kind of use outside the limits of copyright law require the written consent of the site operator. Downloads and copies of this website are only permitted for private, non-commercial use.
The controller in charge of data processing on this website, within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), is Steinbec. The controller in charge of the processing of personal data is the natural or legal person who alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
In order to offer you Klarna’s payment methods, we might in the checkout pass your personal data in the form of contact and order details to Klarna, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment methods and to tailor those payment methods for you. Your personal data transferred is processed in line with Klarna’s own privacy notice.
Data Collection When You Visit Our Website
When using our website for information only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect data that your browser transmits to our server (so-called "server log files"). When you visit our website, we collect the following data that is technically necessary for us to display the website to you:
Our visited website
Date and time at the moment of access
Amount of data sent in bytes
Source/reference from which you came to the page
Operating system used
IP address used (if applicable: in anonymized form)
Data processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website. The data will not be passed on or used in any other way. However, we reserve the right to check the server log files subsequently, if there are any concrete indications of illegal use.
In order to make your visit to our website attractive and to enable the use of certain functions, we use so-called cookies on various pages. These are small text files that are stored on your end device. Some of the cookies we use are deleted after the end of the browser session, i.e. after closing your browser (so-called session cookies). Other cookies remain on your terminal and enable us or our partner companies (third-party cookies) to recognize your browser on your next visit (persistent cookies). If cookies are set, they collect and process specific user information such as browser and location data as well as IP address values according to individual requirements. Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can check the duration of the respective cookie storage in the overview of the cookie settings of your web browser.
In some cases, cookies are used to simplify the ordering process by saving settings (e.g. remembering the content of a virtual shopping basket for a later visit to the website). If personal data are also processed by individual cookies set by us, the processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR either for the execution of the contract or in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR to safeguard our legitimate interests in the best possible functionality of the website and a customer-friendly and effective design of the page visit.
We work together with advertising partners who help us to make our website more interesting for you. For this purpose, cookies from partner companies are also stored on your hard drive when you visit our website (third-party cookies). You will be informed individually and separately about the use of such cookies and the scope of the information collected in each case within the following sections.
Please note that you can set your browser in such a way that you are informed about the setting of cookies and you can decide individually about their acceptance or exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or generally. Each browser differs in the way it manages the cookie settings. This is described in the help menu of each browser, which explains how you can change your cookie settings. You will find these for the respective browsers under the following links:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Firefox: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/privacy/websites/#cookies
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
Please note that the functionality of our website may be limited if cookies are not accepted.
When you contact us (e.g. via contact form or e-mail), personal data is collected. Which data is collected in the case of a contact form can be seen from the respective contact form. This data is stored and used exclusively for the purpose of responding to your request or for establishing contact and for the associated technical administration. The legal basis for processing data is our legitimate interest in responding to your request in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR. If your contact is aimed at concluding a contract, the additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR. Your data will be deleted after final processing of your enquiry; this is the case if it can be inferred from the circumstances that the facts in question have been finally clarified, provided there are no legal storage obligations to the contrary.
Google Ads Conversion Tracking
This website uses the online advertising program "Google Ads" and the conversion tracking within the framework of Google Ads, operated by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 ESW5, Ireland ("Google"). We use the program of Google Ads to draw attention to our attractive offers with the help of advertising materials (so-called Google Adwords) on external websites. We can determine, in relation to the advertising campaigns data, how successful the individual advertising measures are. We are interested in showing you advertisements that are of interest to you. We want to make our website more interesting for you and to achieve a fair calculation of advertising costs.
The conversion tracking cookie is set on a user’s browser, if he clicks on an ad delivered by Google. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer system. These cookies usually lose their validity after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits a certain page of this website and if the cookie has not yet expired, Google and we will be able to recognize that the user clicked on the ad and was forwarded to this page. Each Google Ads customer gets a different cookie. Thus, cookies cannot be traced via the website of Google Ads customers. The information collected by the conversion cookies is used to provide aggregate conversion statistics to Google Ads customers who have opted-in for conversion tracking. Customers are informed about the total number of users who clicked on the ad and were forwarded to a conversion tracking tag page. However, they do not get any information enabling them to identify users personally. If you do not want to participate in the tracking program, you can refuse the use of this program by deactivating the Google Conversion Tracking cookie via your Internet browser through the user settings. In this case, you will not be included in the conversion tracking statistics. We use Google Ads on the basis of our legitimate interest in targeted advertising in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR. When using Google Ads, personal data may also be transmitted to the servers of Google LLC. in the USA.
In the event that personal data is transferred to Google LLC. based in the United States, Google LLC. is certified for the US-European data protection agreement "Privacy Shield", which guarantees compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU. An up-to-date certificate can be viewed here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/list..
You can permanently deactivate cookies for advertising preferences by blocking them via a respective setting of your browser software or by downloading and installing the browser plug-in, available under the following link:
To the extent required by law, we have obtained your consent to the processing of your data as described in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point a GDPR. You can withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. In order to exercise your right of withdrawal, please follow the procedure described above.
Google Web Fonts
This site uses web fonts provided by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 E5W5, Ireland ("Google") to uniformly display fonts. When you call up a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into its browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly.
To do this, the browser you are using must have a connection to Google's servers. When using Google Maps, personal data may also be transmitted to the servers of Google LLC. in the USA. In this way, Google will be informed that our website has been accessed via your IP address. Google Web Fonts are used for the purpose of a uniform and attractive presentation of our online offers and its use is in our legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR. If your browser does not support web fonts, a default font is used by your computer.
In the event that personal data is transferred to Google LLC. based in the United States, Google LLC. isIs certified for the US-European data protection agreement "Privacy Shield", which guarantees compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU. An up-to-date certificate can be viewed here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/list.
Rights of the data subject:
The applicable data protection law grants you the following comprehensive rights of data subjects (rights of information and intervention) vis-à-vis the data controller with regard to the processing of your personal data:
- Right of access by the data subject pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR: You shall have the right to receive the following information: The personal data processed by us; the purposes of the processing; the categories of processed personal data; the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed; the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period; the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing personal data concerning the data subject or to object to such processing; the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority; where the personal are not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source; the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject; the appropriate safeguards pursuant to Article 46 when personal data is transferred to a third country.
- Right to rectification pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR: You have the right to obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you and/or the right to have incomplete personal data completed which are stored by us.
- Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”) pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR: You have the right to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning you if the conditions of Art. 17 (2) GDPR are fulfilled. However, this right will not apply for exercising the freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right to restriction of processing pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR: You have the right to obtain from the controller restriction of processing your personal data for the following reasons: As long as the accuracy of your personal data contested by you will be verified. If you oppose the erasure of your personal data because of unlawful processing and you request the restriction of their use instead. If you require the personal data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, once we no longer need those data for the purposes of the processing. If you have objected to processing on grounds relating to your personal situation pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds override your grounds.
- Right to be informed pursuant to Art. 19 GDPR: If you have asserted the right of rectification, erasure or restriction of processing against the controller, he is obliged to communicate to each recipient to whom the personal date has been disclosed any rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. You have the right to be informed about those recipients.
- Right to data portability pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR: You shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require that those data be transmitted to another controller, where technically feasible.
- Right to withdraw a given consent pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR: You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of personal data at any time with effect for the future. In the event of withdrawal, we will immediately erase the data concerned, unless further processing can be based on a legal basis for processing without consent. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Right to lodge a complaint pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR: Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the GDPR.
Unless otherwise stated in the information contained in this declaration on specific processing situations, stored personal data will be deleted if it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed.
16. severability clause
Should individual provisions of these GTCs violate legal regulations or common decency and be invalid for this reason, the remaining points which do not violate the law or common decency shall remain unaffected and the remaining provisions shall continue to apply.